Sexual Addiction - So How Do I Know If I'm a Sex Addict?
Sexual Addiction Questionnaire: Ask yourself the following questions, and be completely honest with your answers:
- Do you masturbate often, or find the frequency increasing?
- Do you frequent on-line porn sites, or live strip clubs?
- Do you find yourself drawn to pornography sites any time you get on-line, even if you didn't intend to go there?
- Do you feel a need to look at pornography in order to have sexual relations with your wife?
- Have you had an affair outside of marriage?
- Do you often masturbate three or more times in a day?
- Have you had multiple affairs?
- Are you a regular customer of prostitutes?
- Do you engage in sexual behavior for which you could get arrested?
- Have you tried to stop any of the behaviors in the first group of questions, and find that you can't stop for any significant length of time?
- Do you have a part of your sex life that you keep a secret from everyone close to you?
Sexual Addiction - OK, So I'm Addicted, Now What?
With sexual addiction, the most important thing to do is get help. This is not something to take lightly. Sexual addiction tends to be done in secret with yourself, or with a series of anonymous partners to whom you have no emotional connection. There's a great deal of fear and shame attached to letting anyone else know what's inside you. That was certainly my case. I was sure that I had a problem, and came to know about sexual addiction at least two years before I got any help. During this time, I repeatedly tried to stop on my own, but failed every time. I could never go for more than a week without viewing pornography and masturbating. But as of this writing, I have 21 months of sexual sobriety (no form of sex with myself, or anyone else other than my wife).
What is your response?
Yes, today I am deciding to follow Jesus
Yes, I am already a follower of Jesus
I still have questions