All About Life Challenges FAQFrequently Asked Questions on Life Challenges
Adopting A Child
- How does international child adoption differ from domestic adoption? - When considering bringing a child into ones home, understand the difference between international and domestic adoptions. Study them here.
- What are some discussion points when considering adoption? - As with all things in life, the process of adopting a child has its ups and downs. This article will prepare couples for just a few of these as they begin the process.
- What should we consider when adopting an infant? - If you are considering bringing an infant into your home through adoption, this article will aid you in making those first few choices.
- Why consider adopting an older child? - When people consider adopting, they visualize a baby or infant, but older children need caring homes, too.
Adult Children of Alcoholics
- How can I aid a loved one in alcohol addiction recovery? - Is your loved one in an alcoholic recovery program? Wonder how you can help? How are you coping? Read.
- What are some steps to helping children of alcoholic parents? - Do you know children of drunken parents? Wonder what you can do to help them? Read how you can help.
- What are the effects on children of alcoholics? - Are you the child of drunken parents? Are you struggling with feelings that nag you? Be haunted no more. Read.
- What can I do to help my alcoholic parents? - Are you a child of drunken parents? Trying too hard to help them out? Answers you need to know here.
- Alcohol Abuse How Serious is It? - What are the dangers of abusing the bottle? How does it impact the family and those around the abuser?
- Alcohol and drug addiction Is there a link? - What connection is there between these two addictions? Is there a link? Find out more information here.
- Do you have guidance on how to help an alcoholic? - Read one womans thoughts on her alcoholic son. Discover the hope she found from reading a letter from her minister.
- What are the chances of alcohol addiction recoveries? - Is recovery possible? What is important to finding recovery? Find out helpful information for you, a family member, or friend.
- What can be done to combat teen alcohol addiction? - Is there hope for teens who are struggling with addiction? Find helpful information and valuable resources here.
- What is considered an addiction to alcohol? - What is the result of alcohol addiction? Can it be inherited? Are you addicted? Find help and information here.
- Alzheimers Care - How can I survive being a caregiver to an Alzheimers patient? - Learn helpful tips from one lady who cared for her mother during Alzheimers. Take her suggestions for a more peaceful journey.
- Caregiving for Alzheimers patients Should I consider the patients eternal destiny? - When a person suffers from Alzheimers, will their actions have eternal consequences? Read one persons story of hope.
- What are the Alzheimers disease stages? - Do you notice peculiar actions in your aging loved one? Are these things normal, or could they be signs of a more dangerous disease?
- What are the common Alzheimers symptoms? - How can you recognize if a person has Alzheimers disease? This article gives a breakdown of what the disease most commonly looks like.
Anger Management Techniques
- Anger management with children -- What are some helpful tips for keeping my cool while disciplining? - Discover practical ways of handling children when you are angry. Learn how to manage your anger without taking it out on your children.
- Can controlling anger bring forgiveness? - How do anger and forgiveness work together? Learn helpful techniques for controlling anger and gaining forgiveness in its place.
- Can religion help in dealing with anger? - How does religion help us deal with anger? Does it even effect our angry emotions? What are the roots of anger?
- Will anger control work for road rage? - Learn how managing anger affects a problem like road rage. Learn practical techniques for managing angry emotions.
Anorexia & Bulimia
- Anorexia helps - Where can I find healing for anorexia? - Read a personal story of how one girl changed from having an eating disorder to finding true meaning in her life.
- Bulimia and anorexia - What are the effects? - The effects of bulimia and anorexia are vast and may lead to death. Food, however, is not the issues, personal perception consumes the victim.
- Bulimia help - How can I change my perception of myself? - Do you struggle with an eating disorder? How do you view yourself? Discover ways of changing your personal viewpoint.
- What are the symptoms of eating disorders? - What does anorexia and bulimia look like in daily activities? What are the symptoms that one exhibits while struggling?
- Are there any famous step children? - Is it possible to become a somebody as a step child? How can I feel like I really matter to someone? There is a way!
- How can I be a good step mom without getting stepped on? - Are you a step mom at her wits end? Do you wonder what youve gotten yourself into? Heres an action plan!
- What can I do as an unaccepted step parent? - Has your role as a step parent left you feeling empty, unloved, and unappreciated? Try these steps to turn it around!
- What if our blended family problems are the in-laws?" - Have your in-laws added to difficulties in your blended family? Are your family gatherings stressful? Heres help for you!
Borderline Personality Disorder
- As a parent, how do I cope with borderline personality disorder in teens? - Does your teen exhibit behaviors beyond the normal teen troubles? You may be dealing with BPD. Find out more.
- What are the symptoms of Borderline Personality Disorder? - Do feelings of emptiness, anger, and guilt dominate your life? Are stable relationships non-existent? Find answers and encouragement.
- What is borderline personality disorder? - Do you or a loved one exhibit symptoms of anger, unstable emotions, and unhealthy self-image? BPD may be the cause.
- Women and borderline personality disorder -- Is Borderline Personality Disorder more prevalent in Women? - Are you a woman battling feelings of abandonment or have a history of physical or sexual abuse? Find comfort and guidance.
- Can I have a fulfilling life while living with cancer? - Can living with cancer actually be beneficial? Are there rewards for those who face pain and overcome it? Find out.
- How can I cope during cancer treatments? - Are you struggling to remain positive and hopeful during cancer treatment? Find confident assurance during this difficult time.
- What can I learn from cancer survivors? - Do cancer survivors have something in common? Learn how the right type of hope may be a clue.
- What is a roadblock to curing cancer completely in our lives? - Do feelings of resentment and stress sabotage your ability to overcome cancer? Learn how to obtain needed peace.
Caring For The Elderly
- Caregiver Stress- Who's caring for the caregiver? - As a caregiver, how can you take care of yourself while meeting the needs of your loved one?
- How can I cope with aging parents? - Learn practical ways of meeting the needs of our parents as they grow older. Examine some issues and begin to prepare.
- How do we survive caring for aging parents? - As parents get older, how can we transition into being the caregiver that is needed? Find out here.
- What can you tell me about elder abuse? - How does this abuse occur and how can we identify it in the elderly. Learn helpful tips.
Child Abuse Help
- Can child abuse survivors find healing and hope? - Have you suffered from child abuse? Read a first hand account of overcoming such abuse; you can find healing!
- Help for an adult recovering from child sexual abuse - Can I find it? - Where can I find help for sexual abuse that has occurred in my past? Discover tips from other victims.
- Is child abuse prevention possible? - How do you detect child abuse? Discover several signs to look for as well as ways to prevent child abuse for your children.
- What is the impact of sexual abuse in children? - The impact of sexual child abuse is vast. An adult usually finds difficulty coping with life due to childhood sexual abuse.
Christian Family Counseling
- Christian family counseling programs - How can they help? - Do Christian family counseling programs make a significant difference in the function of family life? Find out for yourself by reading this insightful article.
- I have family problems - Are there steps for recovery? - Are you struggling with family problems? Open communication as well as other techniques can help you. Discover a way to a healthy family.
- What should I look for in a family counselor? - When seeking family counseling you should conduct a considerable amount of research. Wise counsel will impact your family greatly.
- Why choose Christian family counselors? - How does secular counseling compare with Christian counseling? Find out by reading a personal account of hope and healing.
Christian Marriage Counseling
- Christian marriage counseling books - Do they help? - Discover marriage books that will help you in your own marriage or ones to recommend to a friend.
- Christian marriage counseling resources - Which are best? - Find resources recommended by ministry leaders and Christian counselors to help you in your counseling and personal marriage.
- What can I expect during marriage counseling? - Marriage counseling can be intimidating. Find out what to expect before you participate; it can greatly benefit you in your marriage.
- Why is Christian premarital counseling so important? - Are you ready to wed? Are you sure? This article will help you see the need to prepare yourself through counseling.
- Adrenal Fatigue - What is it? - Are prolonged periods of stress causing you to be tired and run down and craving sweets and snacks? It could be Adrenal Fatigue.
- How can I stop constant fatigue? - What can I do to alleviate stress and to keep stress-related illnesses at bay? Should my family and friends be advised?
- What are the causes of fatigue? - Has divorce, death of a loved one, unemployment, sickness, or guilt led to stress in your life? Beware of fatigue-related illnesses.
- What is Myalgic Encephalomyelitis? - Why are those diagnosed with this illness sometimes considered as lazy? Why is it so difficult to diagnose? Does it ever go away?
- Chronic pain and depression - Are they linked? - Do you suffer from chronic pain as well as depression? These two issues may be linked. Read a firsthand experience.
- Chronic pain management - How does it work? - No matter what I do, I'm still in constant pain! Can I find relief or at least learn to deal with what I'm experiencing?
- Have you had success in relieving migraine pain? - Do you suffer from migraines? Read of one person's message of dealing with the great physical and emotional pain.
- Is managing chronic pain without using drugs possible? - Have you taken every pain killer imaginable, but still have constant pain? Read this article to find a drug-free alternative.
Chronic Pain Relief
- Chronic pain support groups - How can they help? - Are you at the end of your stamina when it comes to chronic pain? Find out how support groups can help you.
- Chronic pain treatment - Is relief possible? - Nothing I do for my pain seems to work? What can I do to deal with it? Is there a better way to live?
- How can the spouses of chronic pain patients cope? - My husband or wife is dealing with their pain, but I don't know what to do! How can I help them cope?
- What are the causes of chronic pain? - What are the conditions which tend to cause chronic pain? Learn about fascia, trigger points, and unresolved injuries.
WHAT DO YOU THINK? - We have all sinned and deserve God's judgment. God, the Father, sent His only Son to satisfy that judgment for those who believe in Him. Jesus, the creator and eternal Son of God, who lived a sinless life, loves us so much that He died for our sins, taking the punishment that we deserve, was buried, and rose from the dead according to the Bible. If you truly believe and trust this in your heart, receiving Jesus alone as your Savior, declaring, "Jesus is Lord," you will be saved from judgment and spend eternity with God in heaven.
What is your response?
Yes, today I am deciding to follow Jesus
Yes, I am already a follower of Jesus
I still have questions
What is your response?
Yes, today I am deciding to follow Jesus
Yes, I am already a follower of Jesus
I still have questions